Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First day back

This afternoon was my first day back at the gym. I was excited all day. I just kept thinking...only this many hours and I can go sweat... I am such a dork! I also wanted to look my best. Usually when I go to the gym I could give a shit, but today I wanted to look good. Like it was my "Gym Coming Out Party", ya know? So I wore my favorite capri's from Kohl's and my razor back sleeveless shirt from Old Navy. I have never worn a sleeveless shirt to the gym before, it was saying, "hey, look at these arms baby! I also wore my new lightning Bondi Band and my new running shoes. I felt like a million bucks!
My workout consisted of 45 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes of weights, and a 5 minute run on the treadmill. I wanted to do more, but I haven't been to the gym in SIX weeks! I have to give myself a few days to get acclimated again. If I push it too hard, my back will start yelling at me and I won't be able to walk! I have to take it slow. I definitely could have run longer, but again, I want to pace myself. 
I cannot begin to express how great I feel being able to be in the gym. Over the past few years, the gym has been the place where I feel most comfortable. Well, my bed and the gym... anyway. I love it there. I especially love my gym. It's so small, but I pretty much know everyone, maybe not by name, but I know their faces. It's just a comfortable place to be. 
So the workout wasn't too bad. I had a few small issues with my arms.
1- my arms don't stretch like they should. What I mean is, well, where my scars are, are still pretty tight. I have to stretch the skin in those areas. It's like fresh skin that's not been moved... it's weird. It's sucks and it hurts, but the doc says it's normal.
2. The scars go into my arms pit and get rubbed by my sport bras. Yes, bras. I have big ta-tas and have to wear two. My armpits are the two places where the healing has taken a little longer. It makes sense though... the place where I had the drains, it doesn't see that much air. 


Anyway, I'm feeling great and cannot wait until I drop these last 30 pounds! OMG I am going to look amazing!


=)

No comments:

Post a Comment