Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Big F-ing Run!

So I did it. I f-ing did it! I ran my 10K. Without stopping, without doubting myself, with complete confidence in myself. I didn't even know I could do it. I realize that I have been training for weeks now, but I wasn't sure I would be able to do it. It was quite an amazing feeling.


I decided that because I am a pretty slow runner I should go near the back of the pretty large pack. This was a good idea. I paced myself well and never felt tired. The guy that won passed me when I had just hit the 2 mile mark... which means he was at the 4 mile mark. It made me feel REALLY slow! Anyway. I was making great time. at the 3.1 mile mark I was just under 35 minutes. That is just a few seconds faster than I ran my 5K a few weeks ago so I knew I was doing great.


I wish I had a camera with me while I was running. There a woman in front of me at the beginning  of the race. She was a HOT mess! She had on what I think were running tights, but possibly could have real tights. She didn't have on any underwear. Wanna know how I know that? Because her running tights were SEE THROUGH! I could see her whole entire ass! The whole thing people! It was not at all a pretty sight. I had to pass her because I could not stop staring at her ass. It was like an, an... I don't know what it was like. It was just ugly.


At the 4 mile mark I was beginning to feel a little fatigued. I even tried to stop for a second to catch my breath, but there was something pushing me to keep going. It literally felt like someone had their hands on me pushing me forward. It actually gave me a sense of renewal. It was a real pick me up. 
I also knew that at the end of the race I had people who really loved me there to cheer for me. Bob, and his partner Bill, my brother Christopher, and my boyfriend Mike. For some reason, I did not take a picture with my brother... weird.






 Aren't I a lucky lady? I mean to have all these great people here!

So, I finished the race in 1:11:20. My goal was 1:10... Now too far off eh? I am very proud of myself. I haven't felt this good about myself in a really long time!








=)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Amanda! That is awesome!! So proud of your resolve and all you have done to get to this point! You should feel great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you!!! That's such an accomplishment! I found your blog from some other running blogs I follow and am really enjoying it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete