Sunday, April 1, 2012

THE 5k and the big number...





So I did it. I ran my first race, and you know what? I like it. I really did. It felt amazing to compete and pass people on the course. Because I have been reading a bunch of running and weight loss blogs, I kind of knew what to expect. Everyone says, "don't start out too fast or you will have to stop. Keep your normal pace." So that it what I did, except I think I may have been going too slow. At the one mile mark I was at 11:55, ugh exsqueeze me? That's like 30 seconds slower than I normally run. Therefore, I picked it up a little. I really like passing the people that started out too fast. They all ran by me in the very beginning and then on the back half I passed most of them. I wanted to kick my dust in their faces!


Bahahahaha! I 


Here are my stats from the race:


Finish: 35:19
Pace:  11:23
Overall place: 223
Age Group: 23


Not great, but not too shabby either.


Garrett ran the 5k too and finished in 28 minutes. What a dick. Haha. The man didn't even train! Molly walked the two mile walk. It was so much fun, I cannot wait for my 10k in three weeks!


In other great news, I have LOST 100 POUNDS! What! Yeah! Yeah! I weighed myself on Thursday morning and almost fell off the scale. After my Spring Break fun I didn't think I would be able to get to this milestone this week. I can't tell you all how big a moment this is for me. When I started on this journey three years ago, I never thought I would actually get here. At that point in my life I was so sad about the state of my body and feeling that I could never be happy. May 6, 2009 was the best day of my life. It's the day I decided to make a change. A change that I have never regretted. I think that one of my blogs in the future will be something like 100 things that are different after 100 pounds. It will take me awhile to compile said list.


I also have some more exciting news. I have met a great guy. I mean it, a fabulous guy. He's a teacher in another district, tall, handsome, funny, and a good kisser. I haven't felt this way about someone in many years. He makes me laugh and he understands me. Anyway, it's just something I am very excited and happy about. 


=)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this blog entry! So happy for you & congrats on everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna say "yay" to soooo many things in this post, so excited you are finding happiness in so many places : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit!!! Congrats on the freaking 100 pounds!!!!! When I hit that is was like the best day ever!

    ReplyDelete