Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's been a week, but So much has happened!

I have had such an amazing spring break! I don't remember the last time I had such a good time. I really do have amazing friends and thank God that I have been blessed with such great people in my life. We were down in Creole Springs, Illinois on Lake of Egypt. I just realized that I took zero pictures of the lake. What a dummy I am! The house we stayed in was right on the damn thing, you'd think I would have taken a picture! I guess I have one with the lake in the background!

Garrett's uncle let us use the house for a few days. The house was way better than I expected. It was four bedrooms, two baths, it had a down stairs sun room and an upstairs screened in  sun room. It had a huge deck that faced the lake. It was just wonderful.

We arrived late on Wednesday evening and just chillaxed. We drank a little and just hung out and had girl talk. This girl talk might have been a little uncomfortable for Garrett!

Bill and his friend Sam arrived on Thursday morning and we immediately decided to go geocaching. Go to this Link to find out more about geocaching. When we were looking for one of the geocaches we came across a washed out road. Well we thought it was washed out, but really it had a waterfall. It's hard to explain. Here are a few pictures to help you see.


It was quite an amazing sight to see a road just end and then a waterfall where one would think there should be a guard rail or something. After this, we got back on the road and found more geocahches and then saw the signs. The signs for wineries.Oh yeah, it was on! We visited two wineries. One was Bella Terra and the other is Windy Hill. I loved the wine at Bella Terra, but the wine at Windy Hill was yucky! I bought three bottles of the wine from Bella Terra. We went back to the house and started drinking. It was 4 pm. Yes, 4 pm. Needless to say, we were all in bed by 10 that night. That's a lot of drinking for me! I hardly ever drink, ya know! It was a lot of fun!



 We were supposed to go climbing on Friday but the weather was just too iffy. We decided to go hiking instead. We headed out to Molly's camp where she worked for a few years because there are a couple of waterfalls on the grounds.


Beautiful, right?

It was just a wonderful experience altogether. Three years ago I wouldn't have been able to do any of this stuff. I wouldn't have even gone. I was just too large and could not have done what I needed to do to get up and down the hills and through somewhat small crevices. I am so glad that I made the decision to change my life three years go.

Today I had a six mile run on my agenda as well as my cousin Morgan's baby shower. I knew the minute I woke up that this run was going to be a difficult one. After hiking up and down tough terrain and driving several hours, my knees were so sore. I was hoping to get a better time than I had last week, but I ended up getting the same exact time. Well, give or take a few seconds! I had to ice my knees after the run because they were hurting.

I then got ready and headed to the city to Morgan's shower. She is a very cute pregnant girl! I didn't take any pictures of her, but she is so adorable. I think I looked pretty as well today.

BTW- I totally omitted how much I overate this Spring break. I feel disgusting and DO NOT want to weigh myself. I will tomorrow, but I know I probably gained 5 pounds. This week will be a workout nightmare for my body!!!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment