Monday, March 19, 2012

Holy SHIT! I ran six miles today!


Sometimes I amaze myself. I do things I never thought were even possible a few years ago. Today, when I was about to finish my run, I had a moment when I almost started crying. I think I was just overwhelmed with the feeling of accomplishment. I know that I am very fast when it comes to running. I know that sometimes that I have to walk, but I did it. I completed six miles. It was hard, but it felt amazing. 

I ran the Perry Farm Trail, which is a pretty flat trail. There is a small loop that is 1.13 miles and a large loop that is about 1.55 miles. I chose the large loop. I would have to run four of these bad boys to get my six mile day in. A few weeks ago when I ran my first five mile run, I was scared and  dreaded it. This morning I was so excited. I knew deep down in my core that I was going to get this run done and I knew it was going to be a great run. It was warm, but not too warm, it just rained, so there was a fresh clean smell in the air, and there weren't too many people out on the trail yet. I can only assume that these people were at church. It's funny because I feel a whole lot closer to God while I'm out running than I do at church. ANYWAY-- my first three miles were awesome. I was able to get my 5k time down from 37.30 to 35:00. That was pretty awesome. At about 3.5 miles, I hit a wall. I was pretty tired, but I pushed on. At the five mile mark I was like Oh yeah baby! I'm almost done! It was such a great feeling! I finished the six miles in 1:18 minutes. That is a little slower than I wanted, but I did not stop the clock right away. I am not sure how long I let it go, but at this point, it doesn't matter. Overall, today's run felt great.
After my run I had to go to Kennedy's 3rd birthday party. What a great little girl Kennedy is. I bought her a small Lalaloopsy doll. Hopefully she will love it! Here's the birthday girl. 


The theme to the party was The Hungry Little Caterpillar. Bethany, Kennedy's mom and my good friend, made a caterpillar cupcake cake... I didn't take any pics of it, but it was adorable. It was a cute party all together.

Here's a picture of my Shamrock shirt that I wore on Friday.

And a picture of the headband Allison made for me.

Damn, I'm adorable!

Well, it's officially spring break this week! Woo-hoo! I am doing something so important to me on Wednesday. I have been working up the nerve to actually do what I am doing. I will be going to a plastic surgeon for a consultation for skin removal on my arms and stomach. I don't even know if I will be able to afford this, but I have to find out if this is even an option for me. I will also be going to Southern Illinois to go camping with some friends. I have been looking forward to both of these things for awhile now. I couldn't be more excited!

=) 

No comments:

Post a Comment