Monday, March 5, 2012

Five Miler and a weigh in

I know some people think that running five miles is no big deal, but for me, it is an amazing thing that I never thought I was going to be able to do. Yesterday was a monumental day for me. I DID IT! I ran five miles. 


Here are a few pictures from yesterday. You can see that my face is VERY red! Despite my smile I was so tired! I guess I was pretty happy. I mean the f-in run was over and I don't have to do it for another whole week! 


I was told that if I lengthened my stride my knees wouldn't hurt as much after. The problem with longer stride is the fact that it means a faster pace! I tried it and felt good for the first two miles, but at mile three, I was more tired than I usually am. I tried to keep up the pace, but it was getting harder. I was still making faster time than I did last Sunday on my four mile run, so that felt pretty good. At mile five the bottom fell out. I was done. My stride was all f-ed up and I was exhausted. My last mile felt like it was the slowest I have ever run since I started the running the program, but it wasn't at all. The thing that I must remember is that I completed the five miles. I did it and it feels pretty great knowing that! Here are my split times for the run.


Mile one      11:32
Mile two       11:52
Mile three    14:44
Mile four      13:09
Mile five       13.21


On Saturday I bought myself a pre-five mile run gift. I love it!
Isn't it the most adorable thing ever? It almost makes me want to bring home papers to grade. Yes, that was all bullshit!


I have to edit this post because I forgot to mention my weight loss. I lost another pound. I wasn't too upset. I actually thought I was going to gain weight this week. I am really glad that I didn't gain!


=)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Amanda! I am so happy for you. Keep pushing yourself girl!

    ReplyDelete