Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Five Greatest Accomplishments and two great runs

There are so many thing in my life that I am proud of, but there here are the five I am the most proud of.


5. Earning  a college scholarship for softball.
     When I started playing softball at the age of eight, I had no idea the different places the sport could take me. I have visited 35 or so states in this country, met and made friends with so many great athletes, play softball against and with arguably some of the best softball players in the late 90's and early 2000's, and was lucky enough to do it all while doing the one thing that made me the happiest. I truly was one lucky lady.
Me at age 8 playing softball
I'm the tall one on the right with the red hat
Me at practice my senior year at Adams State
4. Graduating from Adams State with my Bachelor's of Arts in English.
     Earning an English Degree is no joke. It is seriously a difficult thing and I did it. 


3. Never being afraid to be myself no matter who is around.




2.  Losing the weight that has held me back for so long.


1. Being an educator in a world where education is second to everything else in the world. I really love my "kids". I cannot imagine doing anything else in life!


_____________________________________________________________________


On Sunday I ran another five miler. It was ACTUALLY a decent run. I finished it in just over one hour. I didn't start struggling until 2.5 miles in. It wasn't much of a struggle really, I just stopped and walked for a bit and then kept on keeping on. I did see one of my old softball players getting in her car. She messaged me on facebook, "g, you look fucking fantastic". That makes a girl feel pretty good! Seeing her actually gave me a small boost. It was funny passing the same people over and over. I took the long loop at the trail, so if people were on the short loop, I might pass them twice. It's hard to explain, but they kept looking at me funny. I'm guessing because I kept passing them. OR, maybe they are not used to seeing someone as large as me kicking ass as I ran by! Woo!


Today I ran another 5k. I was trying to better my 5k time, but I seem to always get the same time. 37 minutes. Oh, well. I wonder if running intervals or something will help me make progress with my time. I am pretty happy with 37, but would like to get it to 35 minutes. Maybe I should make that my goal for the 5k I am running at the end of this month. What do you think?


=)

No comments:

Post a Comment