Sunday, January 13, 2013

Oatmeal. Yummy.

I haven't blogged all since Tuesday. I need to get better at this, make time Amanda, just do it!

I did get an excellent work out in yesterday. I was sweaty sweaty! I also made a decision about taking another spinning class. I won't be! I know I said I wouldn't let it defeat me, but after really sitting down and thinking long and hard about it, I just cannot do spin class and start running. My back just can't take it. Since I have already signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle on April 7th, I have decided to spend my time outside of the gym running. I will do an every other day type training routine. It will start after water aerobics on Tuesday.

Eating this week was FABULOUS thanks to  Hungry Girl to the Max. Inside this book are endless yummy recipes. I haven't been disappointed yet!

I din't take a picture of any of the dinners I cooked this week, but I did take a picture of the breakfast! I think it because I was not a breakfast person for so long! I'm still not, not really anyway. I do however, feel the difference in energy when I don't eat a hearty, healthy breakfast. The oatmeal recipes from Hungry Girl to the Max take a long time to make, but HOT DAMN, they are worth it! I'm going to have to get up a few minutes early just to make it, but I am actually excited to eat OATMEAL!

Here's the recipe for Banana Split Oatmeal
285 calories

Ingredients:
1/2 c old fashion oats
dash salt
1 cup unsweetened almond breeze
1 tbls sugar free strawberry jam preserves
1/2 banana 2 tbls fat free reddi wip
1 tsp semi sweet choc chips

Directions:
Combine oats and salt in nonstick pot. Add Almond Breeze and 1 c water.

Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook and stir until thick and creamy, 12-15 minutes.

Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool slightly to thicken. Stir in preserves. Top with bananas, reddi whip, and chocolate chips.

Enjoy!
It is so much better than it even looks!

When I first read the recipe, I was like WTF is Almond breeze? Well my friends, it's almond milk. I get mine in the health food section of the Kroger here in town. It was a little pricey. The book says you can substitute it with Vanilla Soymilk, but you will have to add calories for it. I personally added another tablespoon of jam because that's the kind of gal I am!

* Side note. Judy also loves oatmeal. She won't leave me alone when I eat this! It must smell delicious! 
*******************************
This is what I'm cooking this week!





***All recipes are courtesy of  Hungry Girl to the Max

Last year, about this time, is when I began running. I was inspired when I began reading a blog I found on Pintrest called "Runs for Cookies" The bloggers name is Katie. I have to tell you all that she is so inspirational. She has lost and kept off over 120 pounds. She was recently on the Today show after running a Ragnar Relay in Flordia. I am looking forward to seeing the documentary that she is taking part in. take a look at her blog if you are in need of some weight loss inspiration! Here's a link to Runs for Cookies

Have a good week everyone!

=)

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! You should try irish steel cut oats. Super healthy for you! And I like them better but they take a while to cook. But can be made in advance ;-)
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to check out this cookbook. I seem to have too many sitting around the house but if these are that original AND healthy I will need to make more. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete