Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Amanda's Top Ten!

I had a great year, I really did. So many great things happened in my life. I am trying to be SUPER positive right now because I don't REALLY feel especially positive! So here goes the Top Ten of 2012.

10. Judy finding me. What can I say? I love the silly kitty! She is laying next to me right now looking adorable. She is a good little girl.
Not what Judy is looking like currently, but a great picture nonetheless. 
9. Going on my first vacation. I know some of you might think this is really weird, but 2012 was the first time I actually went on a vacation. I know! I went with my friends to Southern Illinois and basically just hung out, drank way too much wine, and geo-cached for the first time. It was amazing and I loved every stinking minute of it!

 8.  Dating. I dated a lot this year! Through all of these dates, I have really gotten to know myself and what I really want in a husband. I will not settle and am pretty happy with knowing that about myself. I pray (and hope you are praying for me) to find a great guy with whom I would love to have a future.                
                                       Oh, and one that loves Judy too. =)

7. Running. For some crazy reason I decided to take up running this year. It was challenging, but I'm glad that I did it! I learned so much about myself and how strong I really am.




6. Speaking of running... I ran a 5k this year! What?
Me finishing the 10k.

5. Speaking of running a 5k, I also ran a 10k this year too! It was hard, but I loved it. 

4. Being featured on The Center for Health and Nutrition's website as a success story. I love the people at the Center, they have helped me so much. It's such a positive place!
Here's the pic from the website

3. Facing Fears. I faced several fears this year. The first was kayaking. I was scared to do it because it might be too hard. I might fail. Well, I didn't and I had a blast! 

2. As my weightloss progressed, I saw more and more hanging disgusting skin on my body. More on my left arm than anywhere else on my body. In April I decided it was time to see a plastic surgeon to get the skin removed, and in June I did! I will still have to have more skin removed, but I am so happy with my decision. 










and the best thing that happened to me this year!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!









1. LOSING 100 POUNDS!!!!! Woo-hoo! It wasn't easy, but it wasn't so hard that you can't do it. It was life altering and a profound obstacle that I have overcome. 100 pounds off and more to come! (come on, you all knew that was going to be number one!)


Things to come to 2013:
  • Running the Shamrock Shuffle
  • Participating in a Warrior Dash
  • Reaching my goal weight
  • finding a great man
  • earning my National Board Certificate
  • going somewhere cool this summer
  • running a half marathon
  • paying off a major credit card
  • saving money!
  • growing my hair out
  • getting organized
  • eating better
  • being a better friend
  • being a better sibling
  • after hitting goal weight, getting a photo shoot done
  • buying new clothes!
  • writing in my blog on a whole lot mre!
  • and much much more!


=)


No comments:

Post a Comment