Monday, January 7, 2013

Spinning!

Ugh.... spinning. For some effing crazy ass reason, I thought spinning was going to be easy... ok, maybe not easy, but not as hard as it was. Apparently I was smoking crack all day long at work today!

Ok, so I walk in and all the ladies (all at least 10 years or more older than me), were all "are you joining us today?" This is when I thought I might be in trouble. 
I go in the room and pick out a bike. Apparently these women have "bikes" they always use. Geeze Louise! I was told by Nancy, who was very nice to me, that I had chosen the nicest bike. I hope I didn't piss anyone off, but I do remember which bike it was!
The class starts... all these up/downs and stuff. I hung in there for about 25 minutes and then I started cramping up. I was getting dizzy. Boo! I really thought about hanging in there, but those bike seats are REALLY effing high in the air! I would make a loud thump if I hit the floor. I made the decision to get off the bike and take the long walk of shame out of the room.

I asked the other lady next to me what time the class ended and she said in THIRTY minutes! WHAT! An hour of spinning! Ok guys, I want you to know that I will not let this defeat me. I am going to get it done. Spinning is only two times a week, but I am going to go to both classes! I've got some pounds to drop!

After bailing out on spin class 30 minutes early, I sat in the parking lot in my car and recovered. I have to say that I was a little embarrassed that I had to leave class early, but I have to just get over it, ya know? I spoke with my mom about their doggy Muffin. She has some kind a disgusting abscess in her mouth. Poor baby. BUT  I DIGRESS!

I did as I planned yesterday; I drove to the grocery store and shopped. I bought everything on my list. Then I came home and made a really delicious dinner. I accidentally made Tuesday's dinner, so I will make Monday's dinner tomorrow. Seriously though, my dinner was really good and really filling, I love eggplant, and this meal was swimming in eggplant. I didn't take a picture, but below is the recipe. 

Here are some positive things that happened today:
I woke up!
I was blessed to go to my job!
Many smiling faces told me they missed me and were glad to be back in my class!
I went to the gym!
I tried something (spin class) I have never done before!
and most importantly---
I rocked a side pony while working out and shopping!

=)

3 comments:

  1. :) keep it up an Amanda! You will do 2 hours of both spinning classes soon! I really enjoyed reading your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this entry!! First time reader....will not be my last. U are grest motivation and u keep me smiling!

    ReplyDelete