Monday, February 20, 2012

Bonfires and Starved Rock

Last night, my friend Liz invited me over to her house in Kankakee for a bonfire. At first I was like WTF? It's February, who wants to sit outside in freakin' cold weather in February? I decided to go because I bail out on my friends so easily. I never go outside my comfort zone; Until now! I never thought I could run 4 miles, but I did. If you know me really well you know that i hate the cold. HATE HATE HATE the cold. I think it has to do with playing softball in the spring, the coldest time in Illinois and in Colorado. I played softball in the coldest area in Colorado, and staying out of the cold is very important to me! But I did it anyway and had such a wonderful time! I love my friends. They are so different from one another, but that's what makes them so fantastic!





It was just a fun low key evening. I am so glad that I got to go!


Today was also another amazing day. Chrissy and I went to Starved Rock to go hiking and to see the bald eagles. We actually saw them! It was really cool. I have only seen a bald eagle once before. It was my senior year in college and my coach and I saw one gliding in the air above the softball field. It was just so beautiful and majestic. It was something I will never forget. Just like today. Hanging out and laughing, walking through a ridiculous amount of mud to get to a point that you can never quite find. It is seriously what great memories are made of.  Last time I was at Starved Rock was with Chrissy in 2008. I was significantly fatter heavier than I am right now. I remember struggling with every step. It was hot out that afternoon, and I was a sweaty mess. Today was so much different. It became apparent today to myself, and maybe even Chrissy, that I am a completely different person than I was at that time. I still laugh the same and cry over the dumb stuff, but I am stronger and happier than ever. A lot of shit has happened to me in the last six months, but one great thing is me finding the REAL Amanda. the woman I have wanted to be for a really long time. I am just feeling amazing today. It could just be the endorphins from all the exercising I have been doing this weekend, or, maybe just maybe, I am happy. Happy for the first time in a long time.











=) 

No comments:

Post a Comment