Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Running Laps and heartbreak.

Oh man, I am TIRED. I mean all over tired. My body, mind, and soul, all just tired. I volunteered to run the scoreboard at the Boy's regional Basketball games. I worked one game last night, and two games tonight. I also have to work one game on Friday. Because of this, I had to figure out a way to workout at school. I decided that I would run near school. Yesterday I did not have much time to get a long run in, plus it was supposed to be a light rest day. Since my run was so bad on Sunday i decided that I would just do an easy one miler. I ran completely around the outskirts of my building in 13 minutes. It was just over one mile. It felt good to stretch out my legs. I found it somewhat easy, well except for the running around school. I was nervous that students would make rude comments from their cars, but alas, no one saw me! Yeah! I then worked the basketball games. I received many compliments about my running jacket. Maybe I will go back and see if they still have them; I mean, I am super cute in the jacket, might as well own more than one! ;)

I also had to run at work today too. I had a little more time so I decided it might be a good idea to run on the track. Here's the thing, I hate running. I REALLY REALLY hate running. I especially hate running on a track. This is something I learned today. At least I know for sure that my phone does keep accurate mileage. After the IPOD debacle, I was really unsure. After running two miles on the track, i decided to run one lap around the building for the last mile. I did run into the softball team finishing up their tryouts, but that was no big deal. i think I taught or coached 85% of those girls, so i was not worried about what they would think of me. I am not sure why I care what the kids think of me. I guess I don't want to get weird-ed out that I am running around the building. I ran 3.1 miles in just over 37 minutes. I felt good until I stopped running. My back is killing me and so are my knees. Yikes.

After the run I had to work the games. My school's game was heartbreaking. The boys were so determined to win. I have NEVER seen them play so hard and with so much passion. With 2 minutes left in the game, the boys were up by 10 points, by the time the clock reached 30 seconds, the boys were only up by 2.... then with 1.2 seconds the boys were down by 2.... Yikes. They ended up losing by 3. It was a heartbreaking loss. It was sad.

anywho! Goodnight!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment