Thursday, February 9, 2012

Curly Hair?

I decided to wear my hair curly a few times this week. I never imagined I would get so many comments. People acted like they have never seen hair touched by an iron that curls! It was actually comical.

Here's me with the curly hair this morning. Nothing special, just a bit of curl, that's all! I actually like the picture I took this morning. My collarbones are visible and everything! It's been awhile since I REALLY liked a picture of myself. A few years ago, November of '08 I believe, I was visiting my mom and dad and sister in Georgia. My sister wanted to take pictures of me with my niece and nephew outside the Georgia Aquarium and I wouldn't let her. At that moment, I didn't realize why, but a few days later I realized what exactly was bothering me. What was bothering me was me. I didn't like who I had become physically, and how the physical change affected my behavior. I am a camera whore. I love being in front of the camera. I have been told many times over how photogenic I am and I just wouldn't let anyone take a photo of me, nor would I take a picture of myself. That Thanksgiving I got into a really big fight with my sister. We were both so angry at each other for no good reason. After much reflection, I have realized that I was upset with myself. I mean I WAS aggravated with my sissy too, but probably more upset with myself. Although I didn't decided to start losing weight until many months later, that was the first time I realized there was something wrong with me. That I wasn't who I was meant to be.

____________________________________________________________________________
My run today was pleasant. I did a 25 minute "easy" run. I say "easy" because it wasn't, but I believe it was supposed to be. After 8 minutes or so, the run became easier, and I finished with no issues. I definitely could have run longer, but I am following the schedule! I followed my run by going to the gym and doing some weight lifting. It was also nice. I push myself a little more than I usually do with the weights. I have to get these arms in check! They are gross!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment