Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You did WHAT? I ran a 5k today! Hey hey!

That's right friends, I ran a 5k: 3.2 miles without stopping in 29 minutes. It felt amazing to accomplish this! I mean just amazing. I never thought I would be able to do such a thing and I have done it! woo-hoo!
I started off pretty slow until I warmed-up a little. At the 1K mark I had a good kick going. I was feeling great. My breathing was steady and I was actually enjoying myself. There was no one else on the path, which was nice. 
I started to get tired at the 3.5k mark. That's just over the two mile mark. That makes sense because I was running two miles before, but I just kept telling myself that I could keep pushing. One thing that is difficult for me is controlling my breathing. I sometimes freak myself out and my my breathing gets a little out of control. I have to focus on the steady breathing so I can keep the running at a good pace. 

At the 4k mark I was beginning to struggle. I mean really struggle. It will probably take me a week or so to get strong enough run the 5k with no problem. I have to get there though. Last night I signed up for a 10k in April. It was a bit adventurous of me, but I want to do it. The race starts and ends at US Cellular Field. I get a White Sox jersey shirt thing to run in. I'm pretty excited. I am worried that I won't be able to do it, but with the training that I will be doing in the next few weeks, I know I can do it!

In other news, I went to my weight-loss doctor last night and had my bi-weekly weigh-in. I lost 4.8 pounds. Since May of 2009 I have lost a total of 94 pounds. I started seeing my doctor in April I have lost 68. I have 43 left to go. I have to stay motivated to lose these last 40+ pounds. I would like to lose them by the end of the semester, but that will be very difficult. 


Since I didn't take any new pictures today, here is a picture of my sweetie pie niece Nalina from Saturday when i was babysitting.




=)

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!!! NEXT UP, A HALF MARATHON!
    WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU.
    LOVE, MOM

    ReplyDelete